Do you remember when mathematics quite literally became Greek? Or when the words of really smart, Greek, deep thinking, dead men illuminated your mind? Greece has touched all of our lives and demanded entry into our bucket list. I’ve been home for just over two weeks now and I’m still craving, making and eating Greek salad or at least my pitiful version of. I have all the ingredients- tomatoes, onion, peppers, cucumber, olives, extra virgin olive oil, spices and feta but it’s just not the same.
We made our way to Poros using Hellenic Seaways ferry. Poros is an island about an hour away from Athens. After a day in Poros I decided I never ever wanted to sight-see again! I just want to swim in the ocean, take naps under broad umbrellas on the beach and eat great food on every vacation here on out!
Here’s what we got up to:
- Rented ATVs- 25 euros for 24 hours
- Beached it at Love Bay and Askeli Beach
- Did water sports
Places to eat:
- Olga Restaurant
- White cat
- Poseidon Taverna
Many reasonable options!
We stayed at Panorama Apartments and it’s
- on a hill with no elevator so its like doing the stair-master every evening but it’s what I deserved after stuffing my face.
- view is worth the climb
Cut to the chase with Cara:
- Commuting- based on ease of access, reliability, safety.
- Communication- How easy is it to traverse the country as an English speaker?
- Cuisine-the cost and availability of native cuisine
- Culture- Every country has its own unique amazing culture but how willing are the natives to let you in on it or how easily accessible was it.
- Climate- how was the weather during your stay?
*Rating based on my humble opinion and experience! Feel free to invite me along with you next time if you’d like to change it.
Call DMA Value Vacations to book your flight to Greece! (2464357959)